Thursday, February 23, 2012

Black History Month Activities

         I had so much fun covering prominent African American figures in history this month.  I love it when I'm teaching and I learn something new as well.  Amy Lemons embodies the word creativity.  She came up with these cool activities that were fun and easy for the children in my class to complete after learning about African American Heroes.  Since then I've been a follower of her site.  Here are a few pics of what my kiddies did.  Enjoy!


My students are so creative.  Look how she embellished her lips and eyes! Adorable


This was The Rosa Parks Activity.  These cute buses were hung
above my bulletin board.  I made them a little bigger to stand out.


Thanks again Amy Lemons for your creativity.  You were a life saver! 
To purchase: go to: 

2 comments:

Jana said...

Welcome to the blogging world! I love the buses! They turned out great.

Thanks for following my blog. I am your newest follower. The title of your blog is fabulous. I am looking forward to future posts.

Jana
Thinking Out Loud

Beth said...

Everything on your blog looks great and I am excited to be a new follower!

Post a Comment